New from Oklahoma

Tim West

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm the guy who wants to know about my 2005 F-350 Super Duty but pretty much mechanically inept. I pay somebody to change the oil and perform maintenance cause I'm no good at it.

My truck has 115,000 miles on it. It has a heavy chasis mount stainless steel dog box on it, as I train Labs for AKC field trials. I also am a duck guide, www.duckclubofoklahoma.com and use the truck extensively in the winter duck hunting.

So far I have had to replace the water pump and in the spring the coolant pump inside the engine. This was about 2k at the dealer and I understand this is a common problem. I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but when it comes to fixing F-350s, I am.

I can tell you how to train your dog though! HA.:)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELCOME ... ;tu;tu

I'd betcha we could "Train"... YOU.. on routine Maintenance... If ya wana learn.

Who said you can't teach an ol' Dog (Trainer), New tricks. ;):):lmao

Last edited:

Tim West

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am willing to learn but don't have many tools or stuff I would probably need. I do need to replace my rear brake pads. What tools are necessary for this and what's the procedure. I have changed them on a Honda, but not a big truck like this.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Welcome to the best site for the superduty's! I agree with dave, get a service manual! You will save so much in mechanics fees. Its good to know about your truck and fix the things yerself. Makes you feel good when you fix your own truck. Really, they arent that bad to work on, just lot of computer stuff. The manual or even the guys on here can help you out. We'll have you trained in no time!!:sweet:sly

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!!! I know what you mean about not knowing about working on diesels. I had mine for 7 years and always took it to the dealership for maintenance. Funny thing was that on the last oil change while I had it, I got a free one, saving me over $86.00. Might need some suggestions on training a yappy Mini Schnauzer who starts yapping like crazy when I go outside and leave him inside. That's his worst trait in addition to being terrified of thunder and lightning (as many dogs are).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track