Help Needed New gauge install question

danno

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have added a single gauge pod and gauge to my 08 F450, can someone tell me were I can tap dash light power for the new gage? I can't seem to find a wire for the instrument cluster.:dunno

On my 02 F350 if I remember right it was a light blue wire at the main headlight switch.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put mine to the light switch for the head light switch, but put it to the running light.

atk

Reaction score
Which wire? I tried all of them with a test light and got nothing?:dizzy

did you turn your switch to the park light postion when you tested for power....or you didn`t have a good ground for the test light/bulb burn`t out ....hope this helps

danno

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
did you turn your switch to the park light postion when you tested for power....or you didn`t have a good ground for the test light/bulb burn`t out ....hope this helps

Switch was on, checked every wire at the switch and dimmer.

I did, I even checked the test light probe in the center cig lighter + to verifiy a good ground.:dizzy

atk

Reaction score
there should be power there all the time(on one of the wires), unless the key needs to be turned on. then there should be power on some of the other wires to run the different light circuits. as to which wires it should be, i don`t know off hand. you should beable find out with the test light....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim