New guy from Clovis, Ca

waynesoffroad

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:welcome1

I really like the looks of your truck :sweet My favorite color and the graphics really set it off.

Tell us about the suspension, tires and wheels..

First of all Thanks everyone!

For the suspension it's a 6.5" Procomp with a 2.5" Rubicon express hanger kit. I also added a Fabtech adjustable track bar to make up for the added lift of the hanger kit. The shocks are Procomp MX2.0R Reserviors mounted with a Fabtech dual shock mounts.

The tires are 38.5x14.50x16 Procomp Xtreme all terrains mounted on 16x10 Weld Cheyenne's.

I'm in the process of lowering it. I'm keeping the hanger kit and replacing the springs with 4" procomp springs and a set of 35's. I can't handle the ride any more. I also bought a larger trailer so 35's will be a little easier on my drivetrane.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
4" springs will ride better than 6" springs?

Your trailer looks new, what kind of newer one did you get?

waynesoffroad

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
4" springs will ride better than 6" springs?

Your trailer looks new, what kind of newer one did you get?

Yes, The 4" procomp springs ride a hundred times better then the 6.5". In my opinion the better then then stock springs.

That trailer is a 06 24' Coachmen. I just bought a 08 28' Tahoe toy hauler that weight's 3500 lbs more.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
What gears are you running?

I've got the 3.73's in mine, and just wondering about what to expect with a good size trailer behind it with the 38.5" tires. thus far since my lift kit, I've only pulled a couple of boats and real small trailers.

waynesoffroad

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What gears are you running?

I've got the 3.73's in mine, and just wondering about what to expect with a good size trailer behind it with the 38.5" tires. thus far since my lift kit, I've only pulled a couple of boats and real small trailers.

I've got 3.73's in mine also. Don't get me wrong. It will tow a large trailer with the 38's. Just seems to be harder on the truck. I notice on hills that my exhaust temp would easily go over 1200 degree's if I was not paying attention to the gauge. My tranny guage has never gone over 180.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14