New guy

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
Just got a 01 7.3. thought I would see what this sites all about, Interested in some DIY items I've read about. Also I have a superchips 1705, Banks monster exhaust and drop in K&N filter, some feedback on those mods would be cool.

Mike

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
new to diesels

Well I finally did it, I bought myself a diesel. Afterputting up with a gas motor forever. New truck is a 2001 f-250 4wd 7.3 auto. 90.000 miles. it tows the new trailer like a dream. Old truck would struggle up the pass, 2nd gear 4800 rpms, 7.3 does it in style, 65 mph. I have some questions regarding performance. Ive allready done a superchips controller, K&n drop in, and banks monster, any thoughts on these mods?

I tow a 26 weekend warrior. 2 quads 2 bikes and a huge white lab named drake, 3 kids, 1 very understanding wife. 86 mint condition cj-7 lifted on 33s auto, full power. thanks for letting in the crowd.

Mike

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
welcome
we can help you with the dead presidents liberations from your bank account for mods.
Visit often, post some pics of the ride.
01 7.3 is a good year.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Dieseldork. Stick around a while and learn, but watch your wallet. These guys will empty it quickly. :)

Dave

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
dieseldork said:
Interested in some DIY items I've read about. Also I have a drop in K&N filter, some feedback on those mods would be cool.
Welcome to the site glad to have you.:sweet

Check out the link in the upper right hand corner that says "Technical Articles WIKI" for some of the DIY mods. As far as feedback on the K&N I would suggest you get rid of it. The K&N filters have been known to let a little too much dirt through for most guys taste. Get a open element type filter to better protect your engine.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dieseldork, Welcome to SSD.com. We are here to learn and to share with one another. Keep an eye on some of us because we will help you spend your hard earned money on mod's. Add pictures of your truck and RV, kids, dog and wife if you want to.:thumbs :thumbs :roflmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58