Question New intake and exhaust

Normagden

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My dad has a 2004 ford f-250 super duty 6.0 turbo diesel lariat 4x4 off-road. Both his birthday and fathers day are coming up. I was looking to get him a new intake and exhaust for gifts. My question is what ones? There are a few choices to pick from but every company says they are the best so I figured id post something on here to get real peoples opinions on the matter. I'm not trying to cheap out when buying them but also don't want to break the bank either but I understand you get what you pay for. He does tow a trailer a few times a year but mostly riding empty if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
A good 4 inch exhaust will do wonders. You can remove the CAT if your state does not do smog checks. Keep the kitty around for when they do start smog checks. AFE makes a good Air Filter System. STAY AWAY from K&N filters. They don't filter very well. Check out some of our sponsors for these products.

Dave :thumbs

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a Silverline on my 06 when it was about 6 mo old and it's still doing fine, also MBRP is a good one. What ever you
get make sure it's a 4in Turbo Back Exhaust.
I have not heard anything bad about any of the one that are out there today, just that some are a lot hearder to put on.
Good luck and I am with Dave on the stay away from K&N filters. Welcome to SDD.com
Doug

Normagden

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info We live in NJ they recently re-did the inspections they only check emissions now NO safety so I guess the cat would have to stay and thanks for the info I heard K&N filters were ok but guess not. and is the pre cleaner worth putting in as well?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64