New Member New member, just north of Portland

lotzagoodstuff

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good evening. I've been a die hard IDI user over at oilburners.net for a while now, but a recent upgrade to a 1995 CCLB dually brought me over here as there's just not enough PowerStroke info over at OB.

Again, I'm a newbie over here, but any input on a simple tow/mileage build would be very appreciated. I've got a nice one owner, lower mileage (94K) F350, just looking for a solid tow machine. I'm thinking about a 6.0 trans cooler, and an intercooled, stock injector'd, downpipe and big air cleaner engine build. If it's makes sense and I get a little carrier away, I'd consider an upgraded turbo. I've seen a couple VGTs on some pumped/intercooled IDIs that made pretty awesome low speed torque, but a quieter/simpler turbo would be just fine too. Again, I'm not looking to reinvent any build, just something dependable and torquey to pull a trailer.

Remember: I drove a normally aspirated IDI with 35s on it, so I won't need much to feel like I've got a big upgrade :)

Thanks again, and anybody close to Portland/SouthWest Washington, feel free to give a local a shout.

R. J.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome R.J. There are several IDI guys here. I owned one back in 1993 and I loved the truck. I know what you mean about the little things kicking you in the pants. Good Luck with your mods.

Dave ;tu

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello R.J. and Welcome to SDD.com, glad to have you over here. Post up some pictures of your New To You Truck.
Doug

lotzagoodstuff

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That's a 10 second Pinto :cool:

It's my old drag car, it was my avatar on Oilburners so I figured I'd carry it over here in case anybody wanders over from "The Basement", as the IDI folks like to refer to it over there :fogey

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found your way over here to SDD. You got any pics of your Super Duty?

lotzagoodstuff

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found your way over here to SDD. You got any pics of your Super Duty?

F350C.jpg
New Truck

F250 Driveway Compressed.jpg
Old Truck

F250Before.jpg
This was my IDI when I got it. I think it got a little better when I owned it, looking forward to doing something similar to the new PowerStroke

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track