Discussion in 'New SuperDutyDiesel Member Introductions' started by ron barnes, Aug 4, 2017.

1. ron barnes

ron barnes SDD Junior Member

New to the forum but have been around for a long time. I bought a 2015 F250 with the 6.7L. Really enjoy driving the truck. Have been getting around 18-20 on the interstate and 17 around town. I am satisfied with the mileage. Would like a little smoother ride though. I understand that it is a truck but I would like to get a little smoother ride when I am not towing anything or have weight in the bed. I will get some pics loaded. Will be purchasing a used fifth wheel soon.

2. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra Full Access Member

Welcome. I've heard swapping to better shocks makes a big difference. I'm planning on going to bilsteins.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

3. DaveBen

DaveBen SDD Senior Member

:welcome to SDD Ron! Air bags for the rear of the truck e
    will help you carry the load of your fifth wheel trailer and allow you to air them down when you are empty. Look into them.

4. troutwest66

troutwest66 6.0- The Dark Side!

I have seen a bump stop replacement by Timbren.

Might be a more economical option.

5. 02SilverStroke

02SilverStroke Full Access Member

I was going to also suggest air suspension as well. I remember several years ago, reading a letter in "Trailer Life" magazine where a guy wrote to them complaining about the ride in his truck (I don't remember the name of the truck but believe it was a 3/4 or 1 ton vehicle). They told him in a nice way that it was supposed to ride that way since it was built for towing. I don't remember them making any suggestions for a smoother ride.