New System Install-Camera Locations?

Motox888

Live to Ride
Reaction score
Ok, just got my truck two weeks ago and the factory system isnt going to get it done. I just ordered my parts today and plan to install next week.

Any suggestions/ideas on amp mounting locations that won't overheat. Am thinking on mounting them on the rear bulkhead behind the seats or maybe under the seats?

I went with the JL Stealth Box that fits in the factory console (Harley Davidson) . I got this in the other day and already installed it yesterday. It looks good, but raises the console off the floor about an inch all the way around. Now if I just get some power to it so I could hear how it sounds.

I went ahead and ordered the Pioneer AVICZ110BT with built in GPS/DVD/Bluetooth and about every other thing they could put in. Had em include the sterring wheel interface as well. I also ordered Pioneers universal rear camera. Anyone used one of these or have any mouniting location ideas. It looks kinda bulky?

I stuck with the JL theme for the rest of the truck with a a pair of 5 x 7 in the rear and 5 x7 components up front. I am putting in a JL G4500 Amp for the speakers and a JL 250 Mono to power the stealth box. I am thinking of putting the tweeters in the mirror bolt covers. It looks like a lot of work, but well worth it in the end.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
make sure and post up some pics when your done with all that. im interested in some of the same items.

i have my amp under the rear seat and it seems to stay plenty cool there. not sure about the backup camera. no experience there. let me know how you like the pioneer head unit. i might get one like that for the wifes pilot. im really interested to see if you can get the tweeters in the mirror bolt covers. i dont know if youll have enough space behind there, but it would be awesome. what model component jl's did you get?

Last edited:

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anywhere NOT near the firewall wont overheat. As long as you don't do like me and start cramming coats and other various things around it!:D

Still looking to mount my tweeters. The Inifity's I got are about 2 inches thick. No way I can put mine there without them sticking out and looking garish ( for me )

Post us some pics when you're done. Sweet setup you have there. ;tu

Motox888

Live to Ride
Reaction score
make sure and post up some pics when your done with all that. im interested in some of the same items.

i have my amp under the rear seat and it seems to stay plenty cool there. not sure about the backup camera. no experience there. let me know how you like the pioneer head unit. i might get one like that for the wifes pilot. im really interested to see if you can get the tweeters in the mirror bolt covers. i dont know if youll have enough space behind there, but it would be awesome. what model component jl's did you get?

I ordered the C5-570s for the front and the TR-570s for the rear. I just tracked my shipment and it looks like they will be here on Tuesday. Figures, I got the truck apart and was looking froward to getting it all in this weekend!

I checked the mounting depth on JL websites and the tweeters are only .56" deep with a 1.50" mounting hole. I have seen some other posts on here using PVC molded into the mirror bolt cover that I am going to try. It seems like someone would be making this in the aftermarket but havent been able to find. Humm may be a business opportunity! Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64