new to the Ford 6.0

Jim up north

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey folks , new to your group, signing in from up in Canada :) ,so I hope you will all be patient with me and all the question I will have forth coming. The truck is a F-350 crewcab ,2004 4x4 longbed. It is a automatic, ( always had 5 speed keep looking for the stick), 71000 km (44,000 miles).I have heard about a lot of gremlins with the engine, I am assuming that I have the torqshift transmission , I have the tow/haul option on this truck. I am looking forward to enjoying myself and this truck at least in traffic, air conditioning:thumbs . Formally CTD owner , loved the engine got fed up with repairs on steering parts. Are the front ends solid on these trucks? Very bad roads up here where I live. Anyway , happy to be here:) So until next time :thanks Jim up north in Quebec Canada P.S ford told me it cost $425.00 to change the transmission fluid and filter. I want to put everything up to date, the oil has been done , air filter, next are fuel filters, but automatics I have never touched before? Can I do this safely by myself?

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Jim Way up North, Glad to have you with us and welcome to SSD.com. We have quite a few others from up your way, or at least from Canada.
Yes, I think you can safely change out your torqshift automatic transmission. Just make sure you are getting the right transmission fluid that the torqshift automatic use. I am sure someone will be along shortly to tell you all about how it's done. If your truck has 44,000 miles on it now and it has a clean oasis report it should be a good truck. Some of them did have troubles but it was very few.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
welcome jim, i also have an F350 crew cab short bed. 125,000 on my tranny and no problems. it pulls great, shifts great. can't help you much on changing the tranny fluid, i let the ford guys do all that. enjoy the new truck.:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14