Help Needed New to this....

taz4par

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a question, is anyone having problems with Ford service depts not servicing your trucks with mods on it. I have a K&N intake and 4in exhaust. I took it in to get fixed and they told me (after 6 days in the shop) that they won't even look at it after they saw my intake:rant. This is VERY frustrating. I need my truck and I don't know what to do. I've asked for advice from a friend, but he lives 900 miles away. Can someone please give a little advice or help here:dizzy?

FRUSTRATED 08 F250 OWNER:rant

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Get rid or the K&N filter. They are junk anyways, as they do NOT filter very well. No wonder Ford refused to service your truck. To them (Ford) it is no filter at all. Put back the stock filter and try it again. People should wait until the warranty expires before going and wholesale changing everything. These trucks cost too much to fix.

Dave

powerwasher

08 SD 6.4L Diesel
Reaction score
They (ford) have to prove that your intake and exhaust have caused the problem it is in the shop for. Otherwise they should work on it. Have them show you in the warranty where it says they wont work on your truck with mods. They are BS you.

Fine69

Reaction score
They (ford) have to prove that your intake and exhaust have caused the problem it is in the shop for. Otherwise they should work on it. Have them show you in the warranty where it says they wont work on your truck with mods. They are BS you.

Yeah, let us know how that works out for you....:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first thing the ford hotline asks the service tech if he needs to call in is “has the vehicle been modified”( from my mechanics mouth, no bs!) so if you get a good dealer on your side that doesn’t need authorization from engineering you would be all set. How ever, if the mods keep throwing the codes and screwing up the truck you may need to go stock for a wile. I have been down this road. It sucked!!

dmd

Reaction score
x2 - ditch the K&N.. They flow good, but at the cost of poor filtration. That turbo
needs very clean air or you will wear the blades and dust the engine. You may be able
to get away with it if you never drive in dusty areas... Good luck with that in TX.

Usually they dont have too much problems with exhaust, but they can. The K&N was what
got them. I just hope that they didnt mark it in the system that it was modified, they could
void your warranty.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58