"New" truck... roof cab marker light question

BirdmanSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all....

Been lurking for a while, and finally was able to sell my old F150 and bought a 2001 F250 Crew Cab today. Love it so far.....

Quick (I hope) question though..... I noticed tonite that none of the 5 cab marker lights come on. I looked through the owners manual, and although it does list the bulb type, I don't see any entries in the fuse box for the roof lights.

I'm assuming that all 5 lights aren't out (although it could be possible)... anyone know what fuse (either cab or under hood) controls the roof marker lights? or does it just tag off the parking light fuse? I believe the parking lights themselves work fine.

Thanks in advance!

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I believe they are tied into the parking light fuse. I can't remeber the bulb number but they are small (obviously) and pretty cheap. Before replacing them you could put a test light or a mulitmeter on the connectors to verify they're getting power, it should be pretty easy, there's only one screw holding each lense on.

Good Luck

atk

Reaction score
bulb number should be 194...as for all bulbs being blown, it is possible....it could be the wiring harness could have a broken wire, whether it be be the power or the ground....best way is to use a test light to varify if you do have power and ground going to your roof lights....hope this helps

BirdmanSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, all 5 were out... well, 3 of them were out, two were laying outside the socket inside the lens. Replaced all 5 and they are up and running.
Now just have to figure out why the fogs wont come on... those bulbs are brand new, and all fuses check out.... we shall see.
Thanks guys!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
were talkin' 'bout the under/in bumper factory fogs right ???

youve pulled the switch OUT <to turn 'em on> RIGHT ???

BirdmanSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes... light on the switch comes on to indicate the switch has been pulled out, but no fogs. May be a wiring issue, but may be the switch itself I suppose. I'll wait and play with it next weekend when I have more time...

DesertDuty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Check to make sure that the high beams are not on. My fogs did not come on and then I noticed the High beam indicator was lit.

BirdmanSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
High beams aren't on, checked that. And thanks BushPilot for the link... I'd seen that before. Although my truck is pre-2002, one evening this week I'll try and play with them some.

Any thought on if I could try and turn on the fogs at the switch in the cab, and then manually ground the bulb connector at the front of the truck? If I can, that may be a good test as to whether I'm getting a good ground or not... maybe my headlight switch is telling the fogs the high beams are on all the time? who knows.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal... only had the truck about 60 hours so far :) And if that's the biggest issue so far, I'm happy with that.... LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14