newbie with a question

jto89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have been a long time lurker and a first time poster. i currently have a 1999 ford f250 with a 5.4 gas motor wich i bought used a year ago with 80,000 on it. it has 120,000 miles on it now and has had a plow since new. the tranny is starting to go and i have had a lot of problems with it. So i am thinking of buying a newer truck. i really want a diesel, i have always wanted one from a little kid. My dad has owned diesels all his life and the same with my grandfather, but with the fuel prices up over 4 dollers a gallon i dont know if i should buy a diesel of another gasser. keep in mind right know i am spending 150 dollers a week in gas in my current truck. i ussualy dont tow heavy loads, but occasanly pull my friends 18' landscape trailer. i go to Maine a lot and ussualy pull a small trailer with the quads on it. this is going to be my daily driver and it will plow in the winter. Any answeres would be greatly appreaciated
thanks Jack

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
:SDD2 Glad to have ya. The diesel will probably get better MPG empty AND while towing. It'll tow the trailers much better too. Yes, diesel prices are much higher than gas though. It's really all in what you want and need. If you have the need for diesel power, than go for it. If you think you can get by with another gasser then maybe that's the way to go. It's all personal preference, but I'd go with the diesel:D JMO. Hope this helps and feel free to ask away. Welcome and hope you enjoy:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14