New Owner! Newest of the old people

soldier6

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I don't enven know what a thread is, but the eite intro said to day hello so I am. I am now the owner of a 97 7.3 turbo F250. Neighbor bought it running a year ago and it quit after a month. He worked on it, (he is not Mech. inclined). the last time it even fired was before he "changed the fuel filter." I have a fuel filter light on and had a water in fuel befor I took off filter cap and pumped furl back in it with key, because I had no clean diesel to pour in it. I now assume that the injectors are full of air. I removed the filter. ETC ETC.

Where do I start trouble shooting the beastly fuel system?

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weather channel makes it look like all of the southeast is getting wet today.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD! And yes, its raining in the south still. I'm sitting in augusta Ga right now, and it's rained on me every day since last Monday, all the way across the country. But at least it's not snowing and cold! To get to the question at hand, sounds like he got air in it when he changed the filter? Make sure the fuel bowl is full of clean fuel, the filter is clean, and their is fresh fuel in the tank. Then make sure your batteries are in tip-top shape, and it's cranking good. Another thing about these trucks, as I've founfd out here, is that the batteries must be fully charged and holding a good load. Good luck, hope this helps.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I didn't realize your not supposed to talk tech in here, soldier6 try posting a new thread on your situation in the right forum. You can choose from the forum list on the home page. Probably get you quicker and better help that way, most people won't be looking for problems in this forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14