No 06 Excursion

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you all now know, that the other day, BON listed the 2006 JOB 1 dates and the Excursion was crossed off the list. I hate to see the Excursion go, but hope the new "stretched" Expedition (preferably with a diesel) will fill most of the void left by the Excursion's departure.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
I'm sure you all now know, that the other day, BON listed the 2006 JOB 1 dates and the Excursion was crossed off the list. I hate to see the Excursion go, but hope the new "stretched" Expedition (preferably with a diesel) will fill most of the void left by the Excursion's departure.

Sorry, not likely. That's why I ordered Rachel the "Last" 05 Ex from my dealer. Stretched EX will not have a diesel and will still be based on a half ton platform. Nothing like the EX. Too bad, nothing like it.

Glad I got her one of the last. We have loved our 01.

Barrett

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
Barrett,

be sure and post some immediate likes and dislikes, along with the similarities and differences in the two if you don't mind. The thought has crossed my mind to pick up an '05 EX maybe sometime next year, after someone knocks the new off the sticker-price.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
drchris1024 said:
The thought has crossed my mind to pick up an '05 EX maybe sometime next year, after someone knocks the new off the sticker-price.
The low mileage two year old ones seem to have much better prices than the one year olds. Seems like the folks selling the one year olds are still under the influence of sticker shock.

FamilyRide

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Crumm said:
The low mileage two year old ones seem to have much better prices than the one year olds. Seems like the folks selling the one year olds are still under the influence of sticker shock.

I think many peoplethat sell in a year, unless they are really high milage, are people that really weren't Excursion buyers like they thoguht they were. Therefore, they went into the deal not informed enough to buy one like they should, then found out it wasn't the soccer-Mom-grocery-getter made to whip in and out of parking spaces without running things over like they thought. They then try to sell it based on what they paid (too much) and because they are not as informed as they should have been, they don't consider or realize the depreciation we know they take.

Or not. :D

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the "stretched Expedition" won't completely fill the void left by the Excursion. However, with the development of the F150 diesel, I'm sure Ford will offer diesels in both lengths of the Expedition. Plus, the half ton chassis made by Ford is a lot stronger than GM, so the lwb Expy will still be better than the Suburban/Yukon XL. Ford could also get smart and offer the 8200 payload package on the lwb Expy that could put it in line with the 2500 Suburban. I'm sure Ford's got something up their sleeves that will stay one step ahead of GM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg