Question No Acceleration or Instrument Cluster

Marcottemw

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
HELP!...Please.

My truck is my work. It's down so therefore I don't work. I've been experiencing issues where my truck just stops. Instrument cluster goes out and no acceleration. Engine will idle but no more. After about 10-15 minutes it start running as normal. After initial research and You Tube advice, I've replace the accelerator pedal assembly but the problem still occurs.

Another recent issue is my marker lights go dim. Driving lights work just fine but the side marker lights go dim. If I'm towing a trailer (which I do all the time as part of my business) all the lights on the trailer go out. This occurs whether I'm towing or not. Coincidence of two issues or related?

Anyone have ANY ideas? I've search the web over and over but come up with nothing. Thanks for reading.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first two thoughts are grounds and battery condition. I'd check all the grounds. Body and frame. If those are good I'd have the battery and charging system checked out.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You need to tell all of us what you drive. Add this information to your signature so we don't have to keep asking. Click on your name to see the menue. Click on signature to add this information. I would check your trailer connections for proper grounds and clean connections at the trailer plug! Good Luck! :)

Marcottemw

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I've updated my signature (I think) but I drive a 2002 F-250 Superduty. The issues occur with or without a trailer and I just went through the entire rear harness system so I don't think that's the problem. I get OBDII codes of P0221 which is the Idle Validation Switch/APP Sensor. As mention, I replaced the pedal assemble with built in sensor but it still occurs. I am also getting P1211 which is injector pressure higher/lower than desired but have no idea what to do for that. I pull these code from my Edge CTS monitor. Hope this info helps with other input. Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64