no clue

Bad Night

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea my 2000 had the bigger break rotors . Every time I replaced them I always was given the wrong ones the first time around . At 250k (hard working and plowing) and many front end and break jobs I learned what to look for before I got home with the wrong stuff .

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
WELL---------------
i gotta eat a little crow for calling wolf a tad too early.:doh::eek:

i am gonna chalk it up to fatigue. because after i watched a 'powerstroke' brake job video that actually took him about 3 minutes to change the pads, i was like duh...and tonight after i squished in the calipers MORE and followed the proper procedure it was like butter....w/ a small issue on both the front lower slide pins (which were frozen and did not move)

we lowered the truck on the hoist and i hopped in and ran thru re-setting the brakes, running 4H and 4L - it all worked no problem....slapped on the wheels and went for a test drive - ran up and down a farmers somewhat unplowed field road again running thru the gears w/ no problems....:hail:notworthy:clap::sweet

on the drive home - drove great - no clunking, no dull grinding, no dashboard shutter under braking, steered nice, no wandering...i could not be happier..

i gotta (after speaking to jldickmon via bama) prolly replace my slide pins but after seeing how easy that procedure is - that will be cake (i hope)

in daylight tomorrow i will take some pics of the toasted rotors and pads and post them up;tu

thanks to all who voiced a opinion/concern/helpful hint...:notworthy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14