no more greasy ball to make a mess

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I use my bulldog coupler equipped trailer very often and keep the hitch ball greased because the bulldog grips the hitch ball pretty snug
I used to keep a dirty tennis ball on the hitch so as not to transfer grease to those who walk to close or me if forget its sticking out
so the other day
i was looking a new approach to keep the grease clean and me not getting it on my pants leg

I took a gatorade powder mix container and drilled a 1" hole in the lid and placed it under the hitch ball and re tightened the nut
then i painted the orange container flat black and screwed it back on the lid
now w20131112_161639.jpege have a clean ball and bumper of sorts for those who walk to close

A/Ox4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never grease my balls.
I just set a tongue on one and drive it on home. :sly

Seriously tho, I never apply grease. I was told, either always grease or never grease because dirty grease will mar the mating surfaces. Probably doesnt matter on something like this, but think if it were a small ball bearing, then you can understand that logic... sorta. What do I know. Im not an engineer. :dunno

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I never grease my balls.
I just set a tongue on one and drive it on home. :sly

Seriously tho, I never apply grease. I was told, either always grease or never grease because dirty grease will mar the mating surfaces. Probably doesnt matter on something like this, but think if it were a small ball bearing, then you can understand that logic... sorta. What do I know. Im not an engineer. :dunno
my bull dog hitch is TIGHT and very snug so she gets grease and cleaning often.
especially when its hooked up to the rv and is under a very heavy pin weight

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't grease my ball or hitch. I don't tow that often and I use a light trailer hitch with almost no weight in the ball. I usually pull cars or Jeeps, flat towing.

Dave

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track