Help Needed No oil pressure above 1700 RPM. 99 7.3L

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Question? Just bought this 38,000 mile F350 utility body and I have been banging my head against the wall for too long now, my truck has at least 5 PSI of oil pressure at an idle but as soon as it revs higher than 1700 the gauge drops to zero and the engine starts to break up and smoke, I have replaced the low pressure gerotor pump and still nothing above the 1700 mark. Any ideas????

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Cracked oil pickup tube........??? :dunno

Tbar

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
No!

I have already over filled the crankcase by a gallon and a half and I picked the truck up by the pintle with my skidsteer, I could walk under the bumper, it still does it, I also isolated the high pressure side by blocking the cylinder head one by one and running the engine on half a bank to see if it was an ICP leak, just recently I removed the short circuit valve in the top of the block to check the spring, ball and ball seat, all ok, with the ball and spring not installed I get higher rpm before the pressure drops off, I have seen the regulator go in the oil cooler but typically it happens the reverse way, no oil pressure at idle but plenty above 1000rpm, thanks for the help you guys hopefully i can pull my head from my a** and diag this thing. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64