No rear lights

Discussion in '911 Diesel Down! (Post only if your rig is broke)' started by Hart74, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Hart74

Hart74 SDD Junior Member

I have an 08 F250 6.4L. I currently just got back home from overseas and my trucks been in storage. I have a lot of issues I can’t figure out. I have no rear lights, running, brake and reverse. I have checked all fuses and relays. All the front lights work and running lights on mirrors and rear cab light. I have also checked wiring up and down the truck to see if anything has eaten the wires.

2. DaveBen

DaveBen SDD Senior Member

You might have a bigger problem than you think. I had the same problem on my 2004 F-350. The running lights would blow a fuse. I replaced over 10 fuses while I looked to find out what the problem was. I searched the entire wiring harness from front to rear. I looked for rat chewing, squirrel chewing or any other animal chewing my harness. I looked for two weeks. I took out all of the bulbs and I finally found thar one of the roof clearance lights had shorted to ground when it "blew". I am almost 70 years old and I have chased more electrical problems than most people. I worked in the computer industry before the "home computer". I have NEVER seen a light bulb short out. That caused blown fuses til the cows come home. LOOK for EVERY THING! Good luck.