No Smoke

sjr56

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question but, I have installed a turbo back 4" cat and muffler delete, Zoodad mod, and a Edge Juice Platinium. I get no black smoke out of the exhaust even on a hard pull. I feel the power increases and the truck runs great, I wondered why I see some 6.0's smoke and some don't. Does the EGR have anything to do with it?

Thanks for a great site..

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Mine will only lay down alot of smoke on a big setting if I boost it up before a launch. Other wise it just has a haze. Towing has no smoke. Smokes not power and wouldn't think EGR would stop it from smoking. Never seen a 6.0 smoke like a cummins

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
6.0's are more efficient I would assume. All that epa stuff makes them tough for them to smoke. I agree with F100 about the higher the setting the more smoke. A cummins will blow raw fuel out the pipe if you set it up high.:sweet My friend has a 1ton cummins with a smarty and that thing will roll smoke like its on fire. Looks cool though. I'd love to roll some out my stacks cause it would look cool.:clint:evil

sjr56

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I wondered if it was because of better efficency. I don't really notice any even when on Extreme mode. Guess thats ok, cause she runs awlful strong.
Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Diesels smoke when over fueled. Some more fuel, some more smoke. A lot of fuel, a lot of smoke. With all of this is more power. Diesels do not run rich, they just make more power. The smoke is from over fueling.

Dave

sjr56

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not really looking for smoke I had just noticed some 6.0's on youtube smoking alot and just wondered. Thanks for the replys all.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58