Help Needed no start after blown radiator

Side Job Billy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First off , i'll start by saying i'm an idiot. The other day I attempted to pull my 16 ft brush trailer with about a 2000 lb load through about 100 yards of our good ol Texas gumbo. well long story sorta short, i blew a giant hole in the top of my radiator. put a new radiator, but now it won't start or even try to start. at first, when the key was in the on position, i could not hear my fuel system kick in and the glow plug light would not go off. now a couple days later, i can hear the system kick in and the glow plug light goes off but after a long time. still no start, only a clicking under the dash. when i plug in my scanner or sct flash programmer neither reads the ignition switch in the on position. thinking maybe a short or fouled ecm. its clear that when the radiator blew it soaked everything on left side where the ecm and ficm are located. plus the fan cut that wire attached to it so i spliced it back together. i absolutely love this truck, but need help to get it back going again, and can't afford a shop.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Have you taken the time to look at the PCM (not ECM)? Do you see anything when you plug in your scanner? You need good batteries to get the truck to start. It needs to crank over at 500 rpms or no start. If you charge or replace the batteries, do BOTH at the same time. Bad batteries will take a charge but they won't hold it for long. It takes a LOT of current to start one of these engines, in the best conditions. :)

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58