Help Needed no warm start

buckeye

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 superduty with a 6.0 powerstroke diesel and for the last couple of weeks I have had problems with it starting when the truck is warm.I had it to the dealer three times now,on the first trip they replaced the batteries,the second trip they replaced the fuel injection control module,and the third time the computer did not pull up any codes.It cranks fine,no dash lights come on and the truck only has a touch over 59,000 miles on it.Can anybody please help? extremely frustrated ford guy!
P.S.a friend told me that dealers/mechanics have what they call a black box that they can hook on to the computer to catch intermittent problems.Any truth to this?:rant

atk

Reaction score
Welcome to SDD....

possibly could be the HPOP/HPOP connector. Ford does have an updated version of the connector(been a known problem). also there is a TSB on this issue....hope this helps

buckeye

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome & your reply!
Excuse me for being stupid....but if you wouldn't mind, could you tell what HPOP & TSB stand for?

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
Excuse me for being stupid....but if you wouldn't mind, could you tell what HPOP & TSB stand for?

No stupid questions here...welcome aboard.

HPOP stands for High Pressure Oil Pump. This pump receives oil from the oil pump that lubricates the engine. The HPOP supplies a high pressure oil circuit that is used to fire the fuel injectors. The fitting on the 2005 trucks was a redesigned style and the fitting is prone to coming apart and preventing the high pressure oil system from pressurizing thus preventing the firing of the injectors and a no start condition.

TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin. It is a notice to the service departments that there is an issue with a component but it is not a danger and therefore not labeled as a recall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58