Noise in roof

brad m

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 f250 with the 6.7 my problem is now that it's getting warmer out I hear this popping noise like someone knocking on the roof. I've taken it to the dealer and of course it stops. They say if they take headliner down and find nothing then I have to pay for there time. Has anyone else had this problem. There is no sunroof.
Thanks.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think someone left something up there on the assembly line?
It used to happen a lot. Good-luck.
Doug

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
I had this issue on a Bronco II, there was just enough flexing the sheet metal to cause a buckling sound. If this is what you are experiencing, there is a simple fix that I used. I purchased some roof tape, its rubber adhesive on one side aluminum foil on the other. I taped the inside of the sheet metal. all quiet.

brad m

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had this issue on a Bronco II, there was just enough flexing the sheet metal to cause a buckling sound. If this is what you are experiencing, there is a simple fix that I used. I purchased some roof tape, its rubber adhesive on one side aluminum foil on the other. I taped the inside of the sheet metal. all quiet.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get the chance try recording it with your phone. I've done that twice now and it's helped get the dealer to see there's a problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

brad m

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The dealer I have around me said that won't help so time to find another dealer. But yes for sure I have to get a video of the noise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64