Not Impressed!

Fine69

Reaction score
I had to take my girlfriends Expedition in for a recall this past week. My good friend owns the dealership where I took the Ex. He gave me a new 08 F350 Super Duty to drive while her Ex. was worked on. I gotta say, I was not impressed at all with the new 6.4, kinda felt like a VERY sluggish 6.0, It got HORRIBLE mileage too! I think I'll keep my good running, decent mileage 6.0

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
WHAT!!! You were hitting wrong pedal, the accelerator pedal is on the far right. Seriously though, I could have brunch in the time my 6.0L’s turbo spooled up and after that most recent flash update I was getting worse fuel millage and the power just wasn’t there.

I took my old 6.0 to the dealer to get the oil changed, test drove the 6.4L and left with it. After driving the new one I was impressed with the build quality, fit & finish, and the engine. The only thing I regret is not buying it once I went to Iraq because of the military discount but I feel that I still got a good deal on it.

Fine69

Reaction score
Mike, I agree on the build quality. But the truck I had could barely get out of its own way. May have to drive another truck to be sure.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I was also driving a quad cab, long bed dually with 4.30? gears and i bought a single rear wheel truck. I am not sure what gave the biggest difference, the engine or loosing all that rotating mass.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
There's something up with these trucks. I've posted before about them not having any power. But.......a close friend just bought one, I saw the thing a few weeks back. I got to drive that truck last night. Followed him to a job site to drop off a dump / back-hoe. This truck ran very well, quiet, plenty of power. Which leaves me wondering why they run so different. I've driven no less than 3 of the things, and all 3 left me wondering who would buy these trucks. Now after driving this pristine F250 I don't get it. Different Job # builds? Computer flash, maybe? If any of the trucks I tested were like this friends truck, I would of bought it. Any thoughts, fellow members? :confused:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's something up with these trucks. Different Job # builds? Computer flash, maybe? If any of the trucks I tested were like this friends truck, I would of bought it. Any thoughts, fellow members? :confused:

I think yer onta something right... There. I know 8 or 10 guyz with 6.4's also. Seems to me the newer ones run better. In alota wayz.

Kinda supports the theory about not buying Anything with a new motor, 'til it's been around a year or two.

If we remember back... The 7.3s and 6.0s went through the same "Growing Pains".

:dunno

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i drove one here a few weeks ago, when i was getting my inspection done for tags
ummmm it was a 250 early march build and i smoked the tires and it had some ummmmph, rode more /less like my dually

but

it was just an iddy bity 250 :D;)

so no trade :tounge

Bigduallywheels

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I also have an 08 F250 and have to say the truck rides great :clap: The take off power is for sure there but the delay it has sucks!! :dunno I am getting about 12.5 mpg highway and for a truck that is well over 40K I am not impressed I wish I would have found an older 7.3 or even the 6.0 . The 2008 Trucks are junk in my eyes just my 2 cents:sorry

l_1cc7b4df049db7f29783351e7f5ccee0.jpg

l_44f5f379cb7b06f2efab28921515a436.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58