NTxPSA EVENT : Laps For Charity, May 13th, 2006, Texas Motor Speedway

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Ok,

We are going to do this again this year!

Last year was a blast and so was every time we do this.

For those that don't know what this event is about, Here is some details.

And here are a few pics from last year!

Laps For Charity Sept. 2005

http://wbap.com/Article.asp?id=208847&spid=6088

How would you like to drive the banks of Texas Motor Speedway? Now you can! Join us for Laps For Charity Presented by ethanol on Saturday, May 13th. The track will be open to the public to drive your own car beginning at 5 p.m. with the last run at 10 p.m.

Ethanol is sponsoring Laps for Charity and will be giving drivers information about where they can soon find ethanol blended fuels in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

“The Ethanol Promotion and Information Council is thrilled to be a part of this worthwhile charity for two reasons. Speedway Charities funds crucial children’s charities throughout North Texas and is helping promote the alternative fuel source ethanol that keeps our air clean,” says Tom Slunecka, executive director of the Ethanol Promotion and Information Council (EPIC).

For just a $25 donation to Speedway Children’s Charities you can drive your own car at The Great American Speedway. No reservations are necessary. Cars will be placed on the track in groups of 12 to 16 cars for three full laps per session. At this fan-favorite event you can capture your moment at the speedway by having a photo taken of you with your car in Victory Lane. Photos are an additional $10.

All drivers must be 21 years of age or older and all passengers must be 6 years or age or older. All passengers must be wearing a seat belt.

Car clubs are welcome! We encourage groups of 12 or more to contact the Speedway Children’s Charities office at (817)215-8421 to let us know what time to expect your group to arrive.

Join us and take a few laps to help children in North Texas! To learn more about ethanol, visit www.drivingethanol.org.

I was thinking meeting around 3:30pm. Meet in that parking lot that was open just south of the gate. We have used that lot before. I should be out around 4:00pm so look for some PSD's and you will find us.

If yall have any questions, Just let me know

Also, if you are planning to come to this event, Please let me know by email or by posting here.

See yall there!

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Participants in Laps for Charity must be 21 years of age or older to drive on the speedway and all passengers must be at least 6 years old. All participants must wear safety belts. Motorcycle riders must wear a helmet.

Just FYI!

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I merged the two threads togethor.;) I don't think I'll be making it, but ya never know:rolleyes:

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Sweet!

Yea, Not sure about me either!

But i know i have had alot of people ask about it! ;)

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Thats what usually happens. 12 modified powerstrokes runnin around the track smokin it up. :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

The best part is when the other clubs come up afterwards and say "damn y'all were loud"

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yea, last sept we had quite a few out there ;)

Not sure about this saturday,but will plan again for Sept! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr