NW Power Strokers Get Together.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
For any one who is interested,
Here is the info from our home site.

Hi all,
After some discussion with the better half, and a few other Members from this site and another... It has been decideded Leavenworth Dec 3rd, Lets plan on Meeting at the Super Mall by 9:00 (South Parking Lot near I-Hop) The route will be North to Marysville, then Hwy 2 over the Pass... this should get us there in time for a 12:30-1:00 lunch... Tree lighting happens shortly after Dark then return some where between 7:-8:00 PM. I will most likelly arriveing at Super Mall at around 8: AM to have Breakfast at the I-Hop. So if your up to it come and Join us.

and if you not sure ... this is in the Seattle Washington area... Super Mall is located South, in Auburn

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Awesome.... Hope to see you there... At this time we have 4 confirmed and 6 Maybe's... as history has taught me aprox 30% of maybes show... so maybe 6 trucks total... who knows... maybe more... I have not sent this invite out to my Bronco buds or to the guys on FTW... Last time I got these Sites involved we had close to 30 Trucks... Makes for a very Long Convoy... but kool... Mike Kainers Showed up last year... I think he was the Single cause for "an Air Stagnation alert for Polution"...

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Well so how was your weekend...Poor guy in the Nissan got Starteld when another Truck had passed him at a high rate of speed, this caused him to get stupid, and slide his truck into the bank... he rolled.... the short of it is, many cars had passed once we extacted him and his passengers.... every body who came along had enough common sense to slow down... except one ID10t.... who slid into the back of my truck at around 35-40 mph.... he sustained minor injuries, his Passenger had serious laserations on the face. ..... so today my truck is at the Body shop, getting fixed up... What ticked me off most is the fact I had my wife and kids in the Truck while were doing what we were doing... wife is still a bit shook up ... and sore... Kids are like " wow that was fun.... lets do it again" .... any way the guy that hit us, totaled his car... I'm getting a new bed and bumper.. and a new MBPR Exhaust.... oh and yea that was on the way back...

--------------------

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
glad to see you made out alright there Frank. What ya cooking there?, smells good.:D

Doggy Daddy

"Junior Member"?? OUCH!!
Reaction score
And I thought my weekend didn't go as planned!

Sorry to hear about your truck, and I'm glad that nobody was seriously hurt.

The way my week was shaping up I was pretty sure that I would not be able to make the trip across the mountain but thought I would join you for breakfast. We have been having trouble with our router sometimes cutting out and my computer will only run on the router (wifie's is hardwired). As usual, I put off checking in until the last minute. Then our power went out early Friday morning under the weight of the wet snow; the neighbors had power, just off at our place. The snow was deep enough that my diffs were dragging grooves as I went out the driveway; I ran back and forth a couple times so that the wife could get the Outback out (I was surprised, I thought it would belly-out and get stuck but no problems!). Power still not on Saturday morning and I spent the day running errands and getting the generator running (it ran fine the last time I used it; what could go wrong??!!!). The fuel pump was leaking (and with the fuel tank above the carb why does it NEED a fuel pump???!!). Changed out the pump and hoses and it still didn't want to start unless choked by hand, which meant removing the air filter assembly. I never did get it to power up on the 240 volt side which is what I needed for my well pump. Called Puget Sound Energy Sunday morning to see when they might have a repairman out and they said that we were not even on the list! They lost us! Anyway, after that they had a truck out within a couple hours, found a broken wire out at the road (took all of 5 minutes to actually fix) and we were back to modern civilization.

I hope that you got to meet up with the other folks in Leavenworth and that the tree lighting was a good time.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
We all Survived... Stuck with a Bow Tie as a rentel... :censored: Really....Really Really miss my truck... Bow Tie has a lot of nice Features...Just not my cup of tea...or Coffee... Perhaps we may have a get together Between Christmas and New years, A thought of having an All day Snow play day up at Buck Creek... We'll see how the next Week or two works out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58