Question obd-2 diagnostic tester

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
AutoEnginuity® - OBD2 Scan Tool - Professional PC and PDA Diagnostics has a package for a laptop computer. You get the software and the hardware to run several programs. Check them out, but they are NOT cheap. Nothing for these trucks is cheap! I have had this package since I got my 2004 truck and I really like it. There are a couple of extra things in the software, like a race-yourself program where you can set up a course and drag race your self. There are OBD-II readers but I can't recommend any of them. Never used them.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Be careful when you are looking. What you want to see is CAN capable. This is the communications that our trucks use for the OBD-II ports. A regular OBD-II scanner will not work. Make sure it will work on Ford Diesels.

Dave :)

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I have had the Autoenginuity (A.E.) for many years now, and I have to honestly say that I cannot recommend it.

When you purchase the A.E. you load it on your computer and it gives you a code. You send that code to A.E. and then they send you an unlock code to access the program features.

If you are like me, a laptop only lasts 3 to 5 years before it dies. When you reload the A.E. on your new laptop, the unlock codes you had no longer work.

So you contact A.E. for some unlock codes and they tell you that your version is old and out dated and is no longer supported. That your "subscription" has expired and must be renewed. You now have to upgrade to the latest version "99.0" that will work with everything including a 2011 Lexus or a 2012 BMW. I didn't want the latest version "99.0" that works with a new Lexus or BMW. I just want my version "4.0" that worked with the 1999 Ford I had at the time.

I am now on my 4th computer since I first got the A.E. I'm not paying any more of a $$$ penalty to get support for just having to replace my computer every few years.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58