OBDII Automotive Scan Tool and Virtual Dashboard

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I just ordered up the OBDII Automotive Scan Tool and Virtual Dashboard from obd-2.com Anyone have anything good or bad to say about it? It has a 32 day money back guarantee so I figured for $122 it was worth trying out. This is the diagnosis program by Alex C. Peper. I am planning on getting a new computer one of these days and I figure this old lap-top will make a good computer for the shop, especially with the scan tool installed :cowboy:

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard his stuff is good, but not all that user-friendly. Once one learns the ropes with it, I've heard good things. The price is somewhat better than most (I have the EASE for a PC (laptop) which I managed to get for $150 off ebay). Cheers!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I was wondering about the user friendly part since there web site is not all that user friendly. I have seen other software that advertises how user friendly it is but it is also $300+. I have heard great things about the EASE but my Palm died a while back and I didn't realize they also made it in a laptop version. I checked it out and the retail is $350 so you did good on ebay.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the AutoEnginuity. Little more expensive, but it has ALL the ford/international "special" codes that some OBD-II readers cant get to.

Keep in mind that the older fords are not as easy to work with than the newer 99+ trucks. The OBD was still pretty new for trucks then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14