OEM radio removal????

wpecjak

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
okay experts.

I am trying to remove my OEM radio,to install Sirius FM adapter. I have the Ford DIN tools (must be gold plated based on cost) push them in until I hear them click, push out on both and pull. The radio moves out approx. 1/8" then hangs up. What am I doing wrong? :dunno Or do I need to break out the tire iron and remove the sucker?:cussing:

Thanks

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Radio removal

Your pulling the tool the right way, insert untill they click,correct. Then push outward, that's right too. Make sure the tools are not bent cause the clips for the radio will hang on the dash trim. Also if yours has a tape deck pull firmly with your fingers in the slot. The clips are pretty durable pieces so you might need the tire iron :lmao

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
i pulled mine before i knew they had Ford DIN tools. i took two pieces of a coat hanger and bent them to look almost identcal to the DIN tools. i had a time pulling mine out as well. IHC power is right on the clips hangin up on the dash trim. you kinda have to man handle it.

Last edited:

wpecjak

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. I will go give it yank, then cuss of course after I break off the clips. seen the pattern before

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found that moving it up & down, side to side while tug'n on it purdy good.. seems to help it get past the catches. PIA fer sure :dunno

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Forgot

:doh: Forgot to mention that it's almost easier to pull the dash and go at it from the back if your having problems with the clips, e-brake on, drop shifter into 1st, pull and unplug headlight switch/4X4/aux plug and air bag switch then unclip the dash trim takes about 3 minutes, then no worries about the dash being damaged by prying on the radio.

wpecjak

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
geez guys. Didn;t realize I had to tear the interior out to get to the back of the radio. Sure glad I am not trying to get to the top inside of the firewall, probablyt have to pull the rear bumper and right rear wheel. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58