oil additive

Discussion in 'Engine Oils - Additives - BioDiesel' started by tom350, Apr 24, 2011.

1. tom350

tom350 SDD Junior Member

do any of you guys run lucas syn. additive in there oil. if you do run any what kind? tom

2. airdrew99

airdrew99 Living for Him

Tom350,
    I just bought my first quart of Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer for my PSD. I haven't put it in yet, but I'm anxious to hear what others say about it on here. A neighbor of mine works for International. They use Lucas oil and fuel additives in all their engines.

Drew

3. tom350

tom350 SDD Junior Member

let me know what you think of the lucas syn. i have a while yet before i have a oil change tom

4. carbonation

carbonation SDD Junior Member

The Lucas MSDS doesn't reveal what's in it. Do you want to add something not knowing what's in it? Why would you add something that doesn't bring anything to the table?
    The "regular "stabilizer is nothing more than thick oil, a viscosity of about 110cst, a very thick gear oil.
    "Lubricating oils,petroleum,c>25, hydrotreated brightstock based"
    The synthetic version is supposed to be lighter, about an 80w gear oil. But no moly, calcium, boron, anything to improve, enhance, sustain, or better the lubricating properties of oil.
    There are better adds for your dollar.

5. WhistlingDixie

WhistlingDixie SDD Junior Member

I use Amsoil additives only. One to clean the injectors and one to keep the diesel noise down. They have worked wonders. I've seen the comparisons to Lucas and Amsoil blows Lucas away. When it comes to truck maintenance, I am not looking for savings, I'm looking for PERFORMANCE.