Oil Change Experience............

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Every time I take my truck in for an oil change instead of doing it myself I regret it. Between the heat and my bad back I didn't want to jack with it.

Took it to Jiffy Lube today and gave them my oil and filter that I had already purchased. Before I could explain what I wanted the grease monkey was putting a wrench on my Fumuto valve....:doh:

I explained to him how it worked and he just wasn't getting it. The boss jumps down there and they both scratch their heads for a minute before figuring it out. This is not a good start!!!

The boss says I have been doing this for 5 years and have never seen one of those........... :dizzy

Next they go to grease everything and the grease gun malfunctions and wont shut off.........grease is everywhere before they turn off the air pump.

Next I ask them to check the front and read diffs........grease monkey puts a ratchet on the plug and can't budge it. He then puts a cheater bar on it and breaks the ratchet. I told him to forget it !!! :rant

They fill the tires with air and when I got home both left side tires had 5#'s more than the right.

They go to top off my coolant with green coolant and I yelled stop.....!!! Its the GOLD stuff.......huh.......we don't have that.

Finally they ask if I want my windows cleaned and my interior vacuumed.....I said !@#$% NO.......let me outa here!!! :soap

Tbar

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take my truck to only one W/M and that's the one in Bryant, but I watch ever move they make. I tell the person that does the write up that I want 15 QT's of Roteala 15 W 40 oil and a Motorcraft (ONLY Filter). Most of the time I see the Grease Monkeys walking to my truck with a Fram filter, I stop him (or her) and say what kind of filter does it say to put in this truck? Oh, but this is cheaper, and that's when I say yes, I know that's why I don't want it. It sucks when you are not able to do it yourself.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno I most always go in our WM thru the Lube Xpress door.. Not long ago, as I walked by.. Saw a Lube Tech putting >water<, from a hose, in something, under someones Hood... Hmmm, far'z I know.. there ain't nothing under a hood that takes Water, from a hose.. anymore ? Hmmmmm

Seems like it may take me a little longer these dayz.. to do my OWN Oil Changes'n serviceing.. but I Gitr Dun..

(feel better about it too, when I'm dun)

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The walmart down here carries FRAM ONLY. I run the K&N filter...always worked for me. Last time I went to wally world, they put 80lbs of air in my tires!! That was my last trip ever for them to change my oil. So when the next oil change came around, I went to check how tight the oil filter was with my hand and it was barely snug. I've come to the conclusion that when it comes to taking care of your trtuck...nobody will do it better then yourself...except for specialty jobs;tu

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do my own oil changes and most of the misc service work so i know what products were used and how everything was done. Just peace of mind

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
:coffee:coffee:D:lmao

sounds like you have a great place there full of brains

could have came out here, my ford guy is not bad...
plus me, the service manger and owner stand there and watch the young lad do his thing

even the washing of the mitts before he gets in the truck

he is a good tech......

i hate seeing dummies with a wrench

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched them ( Jiffy Lube chandler AZ )put new wipers on my wifes toyota ,, reversed (one was 18 the other 16 .. and I watched them close the hood with the dipstick laying across the motor ,, I let them pull the vehicle out ...and then I asked the mgr to open the hood ,, then I let them have a verbal assault .. frigging morons ,, I don't trust them or their crap bulk oil
I could get my oil changed on a jippy work account for free!! I have not been there in years // I would rather pay to do it myself

who got me started on this

lol

Last edited: