Oil Change (How Often?)

NovaScotiaF350

SDD Member
Reaction score
After how many miles should I change my oil in my 6.0L if it was last changed using conventional oil? and I plan on using Valvoline Premium Blue full synthetic for the next change, how many miles would I be able to get out of that?

Thanks.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
5000 miles is what Ford recommends on oil changes. I run Rotella Syn oil and I still change it every 5000 miles. If you go longer you will have to get a better filtration system and get your oil checked by a laboratory. Look into a bypass filter system. Many of our sponsor carry them.

Dave

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change mine every 5,000 km. Some may say it's overkill but oil is cheap compared to a new motor!

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick to the recommended oil change interval unless you run a bypass filter system, and back it up with analysis. Synthetic or conventional, without a bypass filter setup, you can't extend the oil interval without running the risk of injector problems. Remember these injectors use high pressure engine oil for fuel injection, so if you run dirty oil, you get injection trouble. Dirty oil will increase the possibility of injector stiction in cold weather. Probably the best single thing you can do to ensure trouble free operation with a 6.0 is regular oil changes. Synthetic, and bypass filtration will only increase your reliability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58