Oil cooler?

san-man

BAD FKR
Reaction score
Has anyone seem this or tried this oil cooler out, yet? I am curious to what your impression of this oil cooler is?

IPResearch High Flow Oil Cooler Kit for Ford 6.0 Powerstroke

I am in the process of saving up for the bulletproof diesel condensor mount oil cooler system but I am now somewhat curious about this oil cooler. Whether or not it is worth it or just stay on course with the bulletproof one.

Thanks

glassauto

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same its pricey but it seems worth the money anyone else have any comments

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do some google searches on it. In trucks that set the wrench light for ect vs. eot deltas this cooler will throw that light. It will allow deltas of around 30 degrees because it flows the coolant through the cooler to fast not allowing the heat transfer to occur. Bottom line is that it's not as efficient as the factory design at cooling the oil.

tankerdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen, the BulletProofDiesel oil cooler kit is really not a good comparison to a factory style. Sure the money is WAY less with the IPResearch or even a factory oil cooler, but the way they operate is the difference.

I just had my oil cooler replaced (EGR delete at the same time) and was considering the BPD oil cooler kit. When I discovered the $2000 price tag of the BPD oil cooler kit, that made up my mind for me. I chose to use a OEM oil cooler from BPD at about half the price of a OEM cooler from Ford, and get an EGR delete kit (OEM egr tube welded up) also from BPD, 4 gallons of Havoline silica free ELC, a gallon each of Fleetguard Restore and Restore Plus, and the shop labor all for the same money the Ford dealer wanted for just the oil cooler replacement.

I figure that since it took 106+ k miles to clog up the oil cooler using the inferior Ford Gold coolant, I'll replace the parts and switch to a silica free ELC and THAT problem will never occur again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58