Question oil leak?

atk

Reaction score
been having some running issues with the truck. currently have the passenger valve cover off and notice there is oil leaking between the injector and high pressure oil rail....is this normal???? also have a very loud ticking sound on th same side..................any thought`s would be greatly appreciated....thank`s

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine in to the dealer under warranty this year for a oil leak. It was coming out of the back between the engine and tranny and down the back of the block on the passenger side.
The one between the motor and tranny was obviously the rear main, the other one was the o ring on the injector harness. took them a little bit to figure out because it wasn't that bad of a leak, just some wetness on the block. I wouldn't have worried about it but it was under warranty.
The ticking may be an injector??:dunno Maybe???

atk

Reaction score
oil leak is not external. was just wondering, if the oil that flowing out off top of injectors is for lubricating the rocker arms. only way to see this, is to have the valve cover off with engine running....as for the ticking, thinking it is an injector....do have two cylinders that are not contributing on that side....

djanzen

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
how do you know that two cylinders are not contributing? I just did three injectors on mine 1,3,5 had a buddy who had a buddy who works for a company that had a ford laptop program and he did a cylinder contribution test. when we ran it with the valve cover off there was oil coming out between the rail and top of injector. more on these then others.
some oil coming out is normal because oil released form the injector after firing.

atk

Reaction score
how do you know that two cylinders are not contributing? I just did three injectors on mine 1,3,5 had a buddy who had a buddy who works for a company that had a ford laptop program and he did a cylinder contribution test. when we ran it with the valve cover off there was oil coming out between the rail and top of injector. more on these then others.
some oil coming out is normal because oil released form the injector after firing.

that is what i figured about the oil being released from the injectors....as for the two cylinders not contributing, had codes come up for those two cylinders. i also did a cylinder contribution test(scanner at work had the program to do the test. while doing the test, had another cylinder go down, so i ended up replacing 1,3,5,7 injectors....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track