Help Needed Oil pan gasket 02 F250 7.3l

vehicleguy93

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I’m curious who’s changed a oil pain gasket? I took a look today and it seems there’s a center section that attaches to the frame rails , I’m curious if I can pull the pan ? or better off just dropping it as low as it will go slap the gasket on call it a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAVYSNIPER

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I’m curious who’s changed a oil pain gasket? I took a look today and it seems there’s a center section that attaches to the frame rails , I’m curious if I can pull the pan ? or better off just dropping it as low as it will go slap the gasket on call it a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are going to have to unfortunately pull the motor to replace the gasket, that is the only way to do it. And while your at it replace the oil pan while it's out because they are prone to rust out ( check yours out carefully before replacing your old one ) DO NOT TRY TO TAKE THE CROSS MEMBER OUT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TO REMOVE THE PAN !!!!!!!!! I have a 01 with the same problem and was quoted a price of $2300 to replace the pan/gasket because the ONLY way to do the job is to PULL THE MOTOR.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search "7.3 powerstroke moroso oil pan gasket."
Many have done it without pulling the engine and not had leaks afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

NAVYSNIPER

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I sorry if I'm wrong but I never seen a pan that was dropped that low to put a gasket on because of the cross member blocking the pan. If it can be done more power to ya, but that pan should be checked for small pin holes from rust out and be replaced

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58