ok car stereo guys,i need some help

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok i got myself some high end stereo equiptment today.i need some help hooking it all up and setting it up.my other systems are just cheap best buy stuff that if i kill it oh well.but i dont wanna kill this stuff.

what i have is 2 JL Audio 12"subs,12W6v2-D4.the box to put them in.JL Audio 1000/1 amp,dont see a model number on it.and a mcintosh environmental equalizer 4 channel amp,4x100 watts

and heres some pictures

Reaction score
Well that is definetly a fine set up you got there those W6's are really gonna knock yer socks off especially with that 1000/1. So what you need to know how to hook up the speakers? You need to at least get you a 4 gauge power set up. Now how many ohms do you wanna drop it down too? I'd keep it high otherwise you'll get it a little to loud where you cant even turn it up.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
im not sure.ive never had a setup like this.i dont want to over drive the subs but also dont want to under drive them.basicaly i need to know how set up the amp.this stuff is gonna go into my suburban.i want it to hit hard but dont need it to hit so hard i cant turn it up.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
poke around here -->
JL Audio: Products

thatll show you options on how to set up and connect the
speakers to that JL amp.

i gotta ask, where'd you get that stuff...

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty serious coin-age you "picked up" there...
surely that car had other great speakers and a head unit...

whats the model number on the mac amp...ill send what i can
find.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
MC431

there was plenty in the car.it also had some crossovers,a huge box with 4 more 12s,about 8 amps no head deck or regular speakers though.looked like the owner was takeing the stuff out to put in another car as this car was JUNK! but i missed the rest of the stuff though.but thats ok.i got what i need here

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about 2500 bucks in the amps ALONE !

hard to believe the person who owned this
would just let it go/forget about it...

did anyone make an effort to contact the owner ?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
yup registered letters sent out once a week.a phone call trying to locate the owner every few days and nobody knew where he went or what he wanted to do with the car.so going through the proper legal channels we obtained the title and rights to sell/salvage the vehicle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr