OK I got this figured out now

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you know I replaced my FICM truck runs great and add two mpg too. I posted a bit ago about the trans. not shifting right until the motor warmed up. Well I got this nailed now. The first thing is if your truck does not shift right until it warms up for about 5 min. One of the first things starting to show your FICM is starting to go bad. The next is when you start up you get a little bit of black smoke and a light skip in the motor. As time goes on the skip get a little more notable and so does the smoke. Then your truck starts taking a bit longer to fire up then your stuck some ware you don't want and your getting towed home. Thinking about what I typed and the little light goes off in your head and your under the hood pulling your FICM out going Damn. He was right it all make scents now.....LOL :sly:sly

The FICM does send info to the trans. about shifting.

Yes, I'm having fun with this but the FICM does control the trans. too.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Dogman!!!! It is amazing what that blasted little box does........

Fortunately for me, when mine with completely Tango Uniform, it was sitting in my garage..... A little 5x10 box can bring an 8000lb truck to a dead stop.........

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it can mine crapped out at work and after a hour of mess with it I got it started and made it home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64