One more Dahl 100 question.....

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got to clean'n out my shop/garage, so I could walk around in it. Low & Behold, I found the install instructions for my Dahl Filter. It talks about removeing and eliminateing the OEM filter, cuz the Dahl does ALL the filtering, after install. Have any of you, who have a Dahl, done this ?? Or do you leave the stock filter in... for insurance.

:dunno

JOE

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I didn't install a Dahl but a Racor and left the OEM in. What is it going to hurt. 25k on the OEM after the addition of the extra filter and it is just as clean as when it was installed. Leave it in for added protection.
Jim

FOMOGO

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Joe, what the directions are referring to is the pre pump filter that is in the tank. Since you have done the intank mods you have already done this. You do want to retain the stock filter in the engine valley to prevent any metal from getting in the injectors if the fuel pump fails.

Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FOMOGO said:
Joe, what the directions are referring to is the pre pump filter that is in the tank. Since you have done the intank mods you have already done this. You do want to retain the stock filter in the engine valley to prevent any metal from getting in the injectors if the fuel pump fails.

Doug

Thanks Doug, Kinda figured that but thought I'd ask. Like JimmyDee sez: Whats it guna hurt.

JOE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58