Overhead Console

Chewman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dose anyone have a good link to a video or instruction on how to repair the overhead console?

Mine doesnt light up anymore. It would work if I rapped on the console like a bad bulb but what I have learned is it's a resistor thats got a bad solder joint.

I searched the site and the links dont work anymore.

Thanks.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same problem, just have not had the time to tear it apart and fix it. Here is a thread with the info on how to repair it. Look at Post 9, there is a fairly detailed description and there are detailed pictures that are linked from some of the words in the description. This is what I am going to do in the near future.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/441601-02-f250-overhead-console-gone-out.html

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Chewman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK. took it appart today and fixed it.

On the excursion : the overhead console is held in with one screw behind the glasses case, 2 clips that pull down in the front, and one clip in the rear with a hanger. Take the screw out, pull down in the front and then the rear. It will hinge from the hanger in the rear. Unplug all the connectors. Take it to where you can work on it. 3 small TorX drive screws takes the display out. The display has small plastic clips that hold the display box together. Pop them and the halves come apart and there is the display. The diodes, or what ever you call them, are under the display so you have to bend it to get to them. I found 2 of the little rectangles were not soldered well so fixed that. Put it back in and it works!

I am not a mechanic, and I am not an electrical repairman and I found it wasnt hard to do. I originally tried to get the console out and when I only found one screw backed off not wanting to tear it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64