P006A and P0401????

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been having diffuculties with the hard cold starts if I do not plug mine in, (will kick over, then die, kick over , die, then finally start, but run rough). Not only overnight, but when my truck sits at the office throughout the day. When it warms up enough (the motor that is), it has no issues. If i try to leave too early, (not warmed up enough), it runs very rough, (which I know is a diesel thing), but also makes my truck shake as if I have very out of balanced wheels. :dunno

When it's plugged in, absolutely no issues no matter how cold it has gotten.

Has never shown a check engine light.

Have had a terrible time trying to schedule a service call , (when I can afford to be without my rig).

Fearing injectors, FICM, etc...

Finally had a friend at a local shop hook up and look for any codes. (Truck has been sitting all day, so started cold and was running very rough as I headed to his shop).

The only codes that were in it were:

P006A
Manifold Absolute Pressure - Mass or Volume Air Flow Correlation

P0401
Insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Detected

I'm assuming that the P0401 is the dreaded EGR valve that need cleaning or replaced (I think)????

No idea what the P006A is? Can't even find that on the list. Any ideas????

Thanks in advance. Just wanted a second opinion before I just hand it off to the dealership and get told something worse....

(oh, btw, 118,000 miles +/-)

Barrett

Last edited:

bob68vw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do a google search on the codes, thats what i did when mine had some codes. I would check and make sure the hose that goes to the map sensor is still hooked up, it is on the passanger side of the engine compartment it sits on top where the heater box is. you will see 3 10mm bolts in a triangle pattern the studs go about half inch past top of the nuts holding the plate on, there is a hose that goes from there to your intake manifold, if the hose is cracked or broken in will run crappy, under the plate is your map sensor aka manifold absolute pressure.

The egr valve is easy to clean and the o rings and gasket come in a kit from ford for about $7.00. It took me about 5 minutes to get mine out.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The DTC's are in the WIKI Technical Articles in the TOP BLUE LINE, above. Look through the articles and you will see DTC's.

Dave

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DTC's are in the WIKI Technical Articles in the TOP BLUE LINE, above. Look through the articles and you will see DTC's.

Dave

I did that, P006A is not on the list, its a new code.

I did a Google on the P006A and it is "apparently" one that was added with the 06E17 flash that got rid of the EBP Sensor on the 03 and early 04 6.0. Supposedly because of my Exhaust, it is not getting the proper airflow from the MAF, MAP, BARO AND EOT Sensors. So, it's probably been throwing that code since that flash was done. I'm guessing not the problem. I will check that hose however.

Can't figure out why there were not any other codes.

Thanks,

Barrett

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I did not find that code, and decided to keep quiet about it until someone (you) brought it up. I have no knowledge about this code. Thanks Barrett!

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64