P0234.....1st post

sgtgold30

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m new to the board but not new to 6.0 problems. I have an '05 6.0, and had the EGR blocked, new cooler, new FICM and fuel injector all done a few months ago. Which required a new Ford flash. It threw a CEL, obviously due to the EGR block. I did not reprogram it, let it go & was going to get an SCT. I’ve been fairly light on the skinny pedal and didn’t tow with it until recently.
As soon as I started to climb a hill while towing, it went into limp mode & threw P0234. I pull over, shut her off, restart & its fine again,..... until the next hill, or I have to make a pass. Once I dumped the trailer, I went on the highway, hit a hill, got on the pedal & was able to get it to do the same thing.

P0234, from what I read, is over boost. I’ve been reading that its been happening in nearly all SD engines, stock or modified engines/programs. Some say its due to the new Ford flash being overprotective. I also read that there are only two tuners addressing the issue, one is H&S mini maxx..... but its over $1000!

Can someone please shed some light, verify or pull the bs card on what I heard?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) are in the Technical Articles Section WIKI here: TikiWiki : P0200 to P0299 or on the TOP BLUE LINE. It does state Over Boost for P0234. What boost pressures are you showing? No gauges? To run a diesel truck you NEED gauges and you need them NOW. This is the first rule of these trucks. We can not verify if we don't have INFORMATION. :)

Dave :)

sgtgold30

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have an Outlook. I wasn't able to eyeball my boost reading at the moment it happened.

My shop just told me, that since the EGRs blocked & I did not reprogram it to delete the files, that it's a possibility of why it's reading high boost levels.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You do not want to go over 30 pounds of boost without HEAD STUDS or you will need new head gaskets. I would be careful at 30# as you can lift the heads stock.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
The DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) are in the Technical Articles Section WIKI here: TikiWiki : P0200 to P0299 or on the TOP BLUE LINE. It does state Over Boost for P0234. What boost pressures are you showing? No gauges? To run a diesel truck you NEED gauges and you need them NOW. This is the first rule of these trucks. We can not verify if we don't have INFORMATION. :)

Yes.. listen to DaveBenObi-Wan you shall...

(waves hand in the air) You will purchase and install gauges..

Buy a boost fooler, you will.

Gone, the overboost code shall be..

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Yes.. listen to DaveBenObi-Wan you shall...

(waves hand in the air) You will purchase and install gauges..

Buy a boost fooler, you will.

Gone, the overboost code shall be..

Right on, except you don't need the boost fooler on a 6.0L. The more boost the better :D I haven't heard about the trouble with the newest flash. I would strongly recommend PHP for a FICM/ PCM rollback flash. Makes a big difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg