Paint chips

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Dont know if this sould be here....

I have some small paint chips around the fender wells and one spot were the dually flare meets the bed, were it looks to be bare metal. Is there anything i can do to touch up and prevent them from turning into rust holes it dont have to be perfect just needs to work and stop rust, with out goin to a body shop i just cant afford that now.

Thanks
Neal

Silver_Crew

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You can go to the parts store (Advance, Auto Zone, NAPA, etc..) just about any of them should have the touch-up paint in the small bottles with a brush in the cap. Might not be a perfect match, but it will cover up the bare metal. If you wanted to tak it one step further you could also buy the primer, it will give the paint a better surface to stick to and make it a little more even with the existing paint.

If you have some rust on the bare metal you can get a small "fiberglass pen" to remove the rust from the metal without messing up the existing paint. Eastwood was the only place you could get these, now I think the parts stores handle them.

I consider this work a PITA,:D but if you take your time it will come out looking pretty good.:thumbs I don't like to do it but I can.

Hopefully this will help.

Greg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl