Question Parts to consider

Longcut

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install new injectors, head gaskets, ARP studs, oil cooler and an EGR delete on my 04' PSD. Ive been reading about updated parts for the 6.0 such as the oil drain tube, is there any other udated parts I should consider while I have it tore down??:dizzy

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your Turbo while you have it apart. Maybe someone else will have something to say. Good luck, are you pulling the engine or lifting the cab?
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what you mean by "oil drain tube"? I have never heard that term with the 6.0 engine.

Dave :)

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still not understanding what you mean. Look here and see if you can find it. 6.0L Bible Table of Contents Post back with a page number.

DAVE :)

It's the turbo oil drain tube it comes out when you lift off the turbo. Basically the updated part has a mandrel bend vs. a crimped bend allowing the oil to drain out of the turbo faster helping prevent burnt oil on the turbo after shutdown. If you want to see all the updated parts you can look at them on bulletproof diesels website or many others for that matter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58