Pen Ink Removal

CoryNM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I thought that my first thread at the new site would be about something that ticked me off this morning...

While sitting in line at the bank, I took the cap off of my pen to sign my check. Apparently the pen got a little too warm and had exploded inside the cap. When the cap came off, four drops of ink ended up on the seat in my truck. A few drops landed on the steering wheel and a few on the floor mats. The steering wheel wiped clean and I don't particularly care about the floor mats since I replace them regularly anyway. What really chaps my cheeks are the spots on the seat.

To make a long story short...does anyone know of any sure-fire ways to remove black ink from a tan seat?? Thanks!!

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
hair spray will take it out.... From cloth at least... Leather, I would have to do some looking...

CoryNM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
hair spray will take it out.... From cloth at least... Leather, I would have to do some looking...

My seats are cloth...I will give the hair spray a try after work! Thanks :thanks

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Cory the hairspray needs to be high in alcohol so use some of that there helmet hair stuff like white rain or whatever it is called. Spray the spot but don't soak it and let it sit for about 30 seconds and use a WHITE terrycloth towel to blot it up, as you blot use a twisting motion to "lift" the stain.

As alway try this procedure in an inconspicous spot first so that you know the hair spray will not remove the coloring from the cloth. I'd rather have a small inkspot than a large spot with no color.

Rcannon

HOWDY!
Reaction score
If the alcohol or hairspray doesn't work, try fingernail polish remover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58