PIE for XM

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Ok so I got the XM MyFI for X-mas and am really digging it. I was just wondering how much better the sound will be with a PIE versus the FM modulator that is built in. Keep in mind that this is currently going though a stock head unit and speakers. Is it worth it for the PIE/Aux input????

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Welcome to the XM Nation! You know their Online service comes with the subscription too!

Everyone that I've talked to wouldn't have it any other way Kev,get the FRDN-AUX but I'd upgrade the stock speakers to Pioneers for Maximum performance.

Myradiostore.com has em' :cool:

Call me if you needs help with the install,been there done that.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
man the XM is sweet :D :sweet .i got the XM boxthat goes through my pioneer deck.it connects through the BUS cable for the cd changer and the cd changer plugs into the XM box so i dont lose the changer.channel 202 is one of my favorites when opie & anthony are on.i dont care for ron & fez.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
94f450sd said:
channel 202 is one of my favorites when opie & anthony are on.i dont care for ron & fez.
We're you listening late last week when the O&A show was buying clothes,shoes,etc for the needy at the Palisades Mall in West Nyack,NY?

It was great:cool:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
oh yeah.that was funny.i like the news with twitchels(SP?) and big A,i laugh my nuts off listening to twitchels the terets guy!!!!:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHP,

Did you have to take the radio OUT to get the dash off? and where are the clips onthe dask to pop off th edash?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
To remove the stock stereo on 2000-2005 Excursion requires the DIN removal set,the 99-2004 SuperDuties stereos will remove the same without pulling the dash.

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need that tool on the 94-97 trucks also or you can make it out of coat hangers.just made one last weakend putting in a kenwood system on the wife truck.
i got the wife the my-fi last x-mas and she loves it.i have xm running though my alpine in my truck.i love that it has more than a 4 hour loop of music

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Nice job:cool: I'm assuming you're modulating the signal into the stereo and boy is Tyler getting big! wait till he can reach the pedals:D :drive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64