Plant drive kit install

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my plant drive kit came today. Hoping to post in here as I do the install and if problems arise input would be super helpful. Now i just gotta figure out how all this stuff lines up.I'll keep u guys posted.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great! What options did you get, when do you plan on starting the install?

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan to start the install within the week hopefully. Almost have my new shop operational, just need to get the garage doors working. I got the vegetherm mega with wiring kit, vegmax filter, hotfox 10-12, hot plate 26, polluck valve with buzzer and a racor filterand housing. Now I gotta figure out the best way to do this and not have my truck be down.

docholiday

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
could you tell me were you got the system from and what you think of it. I am trying to find a system that will work were i live. It often goes below 0 here in the winter. thanks for the help.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
HERE
I've run my system in temps as low as 19*F with zero problems but I insulated every hose. Zero fahrenheit should be no problem if you do the same.

Last edited:

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could you tell me were you got the system from and what you think of it. I am trying to find a system that will work were i live. It often goes below 0 here in the winter. thanks for the help.

I ordered mine off the plant drive website, seems good. A few people have them and like them. Where i live it dips below minus 20 and into minus 40 with wind chill so we will see this winter.

Update, tomorrow my shop door will be functional and then i can get down to business. Thanx again for the future help. Hopefully, tomorrow i will start posting my questions and have a plan about how to go about this. :sweet

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shop door works!!! :clap:

First I wanna make sure I have the parts going in the right order.

Rear diesel tank, vegmax filter,polluck valve,fuel pump, billet delete slug

Front filtered wvo tank,hot fox in tank,vegmax filter,polluck valve, fphe, vegtherm mega, fuel pump,billet delete.

Where should i cut in to make my coolant loop?
Where should i mount the polluck valve?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
The order looks correct.

Where should i cut in to make my coolant loop?
Where should i mount the polluck valve?

I tee'd the heater core hoses just to the right of the degas bottle (coolant over flow reservoir). Hose from the head is hot out. Other is cold return. Hot out hose to Hot Fox. Cold return connects to out port of FPHE. Remember 1/2"ID hose is far superior to 3/8" and the big rigs use 5/8" :eek: To insulate the coolant hose I fed it through a fatter coolant hose making a double wall to the hot fox then another segment to my Vormax then to my FPHE. The cold coolant return is not insulated. I did the same with the vegoil fuel supply hose. For Canada that might be a very wise idea. Once you reinstall your front tank DON'T EVEN THINK YOU CAN CHANGE ANYTHING UP THERE! Do it right the first time and you'll thank me in February.

Remove stock tank valve inside of frame rail and install the Pollak in same area. Trickiest part is wiring the Pollak. I have mine wired so when on front vegoil tank the vegtherm mega is always on and always off when on diesel. The included Vegtherm relay gets its 12v power from the front tank hot terminal on the Pollak.

Vegistroke :lmao

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58