Plastic Headlight Lens

Diesel Junkie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It may be a small thing in the scheme of things but Fords Plastic Lenses really get my goat. Replacing the things is getting expensive and there seem to be no good ones left in the junkyards. Anybody solved these things

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I didn't know that just the clear lens part was available? How much are they compared to a complete single assembly?

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my squad car the headlamps out of plastic turn yellow and fade. But if you use Novus polish for plastic #2 in the red/white bottle it will take all away and make it look brand new. Hopefully this will help you so you don't have to keep rebuying lenses. I found mine at the local Harley Davidson dealer in the detail section...It's made for the plastic/lexan windshields for motorcycles.
:thumbs

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
A very fine polish/compound will do the same as the Nexus. Top it off with a coat of wax. I've used this on our older faded light bars on old engines. Works great!

Diesel Junkie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
plastic lenses

Sorry to be so long in following up. Too many hours. Thanks for the tip about the polish,should have thought of trying it as I've used it for years on my topper bubbles. Shows you what a one track mind will do for you. You folks are great and I hope you all have a Happy Holiday in case I don't get back sooner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58