Please don't beat me up

ericnourse

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The economy has me by the balls. I'm forced to learn how my pick-up works so I won't owe the Ford Dealership my wife and first born. I know nothing and need your help. I know as much about mechanics as social networking, so please don't beat me up. -E

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off.. WELCOME TO THE SITE ;tu

Second, Tell us 'bout yer PSD.. Year, F-???, any Mods ?

Third, Ask away... There's a Wealth of knowledge here.

Joe

ericnourse

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Touch of history. Requested by BigJoe

I bought my 99 SD 4 door shortbox new. I have towed with it all it's life. 7-10K pounds. It has 243K miles. I am not a mechanic what so ever. I have added a 4 inch exhaust, AFE intake, Superchip which is always on TowSafe, exhaust and boost gauges, air lift, leveling kit, and a few other things. Lately I had to drop a used reman engine into it. It runs poorly when it's cold and doesn't seem to run as well as it should. One friend suggested to have the tranny serviced. That did nothing. Another friend suggested that some gate on my turbo isn't functioning properly. When it decides to go, it goes. When it decides to be a dog, I'm stuck going 15 MPH. It has a mind of it's own. A mechanic has said that the diagnostic computer checks out good. E-

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like there could be.. a loose connection ? From the reman install ?Give (or have) ALL the wireing connections a good check.. for being clean & tightly installed. Under the hood, and at the PCM/ECM, under the dash.

Did you do any of the Mods ? Or have then done.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to SDD.com

Secondly, there is a link rod near the bottom of the turbo pedestal.. make sure both ends of it are hooked up..

ericnourse

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will mention this to the mechanic. I had the the mods done by professionals. That question is just the start. Many more to come. I should have bought a bigger truck. That is why I did the air lift. The exhaust and intake was only done because I asked my mechanic how to make my truck run longer. The gauges were put on so I could watch my temp when I pulled. The mechanic that put in the used engine told me he went above and beyond because of my concerns about doing things right. I don't however trust them because of the problems that went along with the install. They mean well. They just are old school with their thought processes.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64