Please help! 2006 6.0L down in Alaska

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
iIve got a no start condition on my 2006 6.0 F250. The codes I get are P0562, P1000, P2269, P2614, and P2617. I replaced the cam and crank sensors, it made no difference and the codes still appear. This truck was running fine, I turned it off and it failed to restart. I can't get it to a dealer, I live on a remote island in Alaska. Please help me to progress with this. I'm thinking a reset on one of the control modules, any ideas?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since you have autoenginuity share w/ us what all those codes are.
did your run the tests/diagnostics via autoenginuity ? whats it come back
and say ?

you might make a post to the autoenginuity forum over at ITP DIESEL
and see what folks come up w/ there too. LINK

i wonder if this could be related to the injector(s) you had to
replace (although that was some time ago)

only other think i can think of is blocked fuel or oil pressure pump
issues (since those TWO are critical) to the start/run.

whats the injector buzz test say ?

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
the codes aresystem voltage low, obd-2 monitor testing incomplete, water in fuel, cam position sensor, and finally crank position sensor. I changed the fuel filters and changed the sensors.

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
I'll have to check the voltage on the batteries, she is turning over good, sounds like. I can't hear the injectors for the buzz test. It's 40 below outside and the wind is blowing snow sideways. I'll have to wait for a clear day. I talked to the good folks at Ford that I was having problems with the truck and asked for some help, as in putting a good tech on the phone. They said to send it to a dealer. Total cost to me would be only $12,000. The first south bound barge arrives April 21 and returns in June. I may just have to use the truck as a storage shed. Or light a match.

Last edited:

Mark Hastings

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have seen the Batteries cause the same problem you are having but double check all the connections.Ford has also had some harness issues were the harness needs to be replaced but check those batteries if it seems like it cranks fine it dosen't mean it's fine a few volts less is alot with the 6.0
because it dosen't like it.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
ditto on the batteries

disconnect em. clean all the connections , can you put each battery on a charger for a few hours to boost em... I know i dont live anywhere near 40 below but this past winter we had a LOW voltage issue uopn starting, it was related to short drives and no time to charge up......coupled with high elect loads while driving heat and high fan, bun warmers , lights etc....

maybe it wil help ...
12k for a dealer visit. now thats isolated :(

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I'll have to check the voltage on the batteries, she is turning over good, sounds like.

Might sound like it but at -40 the batteries cold cranking amps are greatly reduced. Even thought it will turn over it will not fire if there is not plenty of voltage available. You are getting a low-voltage code so I would have to say that is a good place to start.

What dealer did you purchase the rig from? I cannot imagine that they would not help over the phone considering your location. I am guessing Cal might be the place you called? Try Seekins in Fairbanks at 907-459-4160 or just stick around here and the 6.0 guru's will get you going.

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
You got it Crumm, I talked to Rick at Cal Worthington. He seemed to think it was funny. Today I got the truck placed into a garage at work when we took out the snow plow. It will remain there for a few days with the batteries charging. In the meantime I will be on the phone with the dealer I bought it from in Mississippi, maybe they will be of some help.

Here's a question for you guys. Why won't the codes clear? If I have replaced the sensors shouldn't those codes go away? How about the water in fuel. That was months ago that the warning flashed and I drained the filter housing. It seems that if the problem was now only low voltage then thats all I should see. These codes have all remained through 5 or 6 tests over the last 10 days. And the batteries were placed on charge for a few days during that time because I depleted them trying to start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58