Pop up campers, which to buy?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well I was thinkin of gettin a truck camper but Im pretty much against that now. So that leaves me with a towable camper. With fuel so damn high, a pop up seems to fit the bill. I always like coleman/fleetwood BUT I heard they are out of biz?? I dont want to buy a camper from someone thats gone because parts wont be available? Anyone have any suggestions on others? Have you owned a pop up before? I would really like a toy hauler since whenever we go camping, the toys come with us!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got the truck so why not get a small Toy Hauler, pull type or fifth wheel.
Sorry but I never cared for sleeping in a tent and that's all a popup is.
Doug

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
The fuel thing is seeming to get more and more important (as it should). So with that in mind. It looks like you do not have a truck cap. So a fifth wheel would get the best gas mileage due to not having that pocket of air behind the cab and then having to hit the front of the trailer. And like Doug mentioned its nice to have a toilet and shower also as well as full size appliances. You do have to look a bit harder but you can find some small toy haulers for damn cheap. Like divorces, repos, stuff like that.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gas mileage due to not having that pocket of air behind the cab and then having to hit the front of the trailer. .

Thats not a true statement. My 5ther get a nice rolling air pocket behind the cab that it will pick thing out of the bed and toss it out. I'm building a headache rack for the back of the cab and a mount for a air deflector to relieve or remove the air roll. But I agree a small 5ther Toy-hauler would be the way to go. Weight is one of the biggest fuel killers, aerodynamics is the other.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well a pop up is low profile compared to a 5th and weighs a lot less. I'd say it would get better mileage since its lighter and smaller. I can get a pop up with a toilet/combo shower. If I can find a toy hauler 5th wheel really cheap, hell yea i will go for it but you usually cant touch one for under 20k and im not spendin that right now. I can get a nice pop up for 3k.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr